When: Thursday and Friday, February 21-22, 2019
Where: Holiday Inn Convention Center in Kearney, NE
The Nebraska Women in Agriculture Conference is an annual two-day event designed to educate and uplift women involved in any aspect of Nebraska's agricultural industry. Through workshops and presentations, attendees will learn how to better manage risk, improve their farms and ranches and become more successful operators and business partners.
This conference focuses on the five areas of agricultural risk management. The conference features 5 general session speakers and 0ver 30 concurrent workshops that focus on:
TWO DAY —Two-day registrations postmarked or submitted on or before February 12 are $125 per person. Beginning February 13, the fee for a two-day registration is $150 per person.
ONE DAY— One-day registrations are $75 per person, regardless of the day postmarked or submitted.
GUEST - Participants can register a guest for $15 per meal, regardless of the day postmarked or submitted. Guests are spouses or family members of an attendee. This registration only allows them to attend meals, not participate in workshops.
Hotel reservations should be made directly with the Kearney Holiday Inn. Their special room rate is $104.95 per room. The hotel is holding a block of rooms until January 20 for the Women in Agriculture Conference.
Address : 110 Second Ave., Kearney, NE 68848. Located north of I-80 at Kearney Exit 272
Schedule at a Glance
Thursday February 21, 2019
- 10:00 - 10:55 a.m. Welcome & Kickoff Speaker - Tim Hammerich
- 11:00 – 12:15p.m. Workshop Session 1
- 12:20 – 1:20 p.m. Lunch & Speaker Giannella Alvarez
- 1:30 – 2:45 p.m. Workshop Session 2
- 2:45 – 3:15 p.m. Break
- 3:15 – 4:30 p.m. Workshop Session 3
- 5:30 – 7:15 p.m. Dinner & Keynote Speaker - Marji Guyler-Alaniz
- 7:15 – 8:30 p.m. Workshop Session 4
Friday February 22, 2019
- 7:30 – 8:15 a.m. Breakfast Buffet
- 8:15 -8:50 a.m. Morning Update & Speaker - Jim Robb
- 9:00 – 10:15 a.m. Workshop Session 5
- 10:15 – 10:45 a.m. Break
- 10:45 – 12:00 p.m. Workshop Session 6
- 12:00 – 1:30 p.m. Lunch & Capstone Speaker - Joan Ruskamp